PVDF (Polyvinylidene Fluoride) coatings and Powder coatings are extensively used within the building trade for the aluminium in curtain wall cladding. Nonetheless the principle variations between Powder Coating and PVDF Coatings are –
- PVDF coating is a resin-based liquid coating system. Powder Coating is an electrostatic course of by which the electrostatically charged powder is sprayed on the steel floor.
- PVDF coating has excessive effectivity and finds its software in areas that are uncovered to the exterior climate just like the steel framework in constructing facades that must retain their color and gloss over a big time period.PVDF finish on aluminum exactly utilized in Curtain Wall framing and in skylights. Nonetheless Powder Coating is vulnerable to exterior put on and tear when uncovered to the pure climate. Humidity, warmth and oxidation trigger the Powder coating to crack.
- PVDF coating is costlier than powder coating
- PVDF coatings have increased sturdiness than Powder Coatings.
- Powder Coatings are stronger than PVDF Coatings.
- Powder coatings can be found in quite a few decisions and all kinds of colors, textures, finishes. PVDF coatings can be found solely in matte end,with a view to get tremendous gloss extra layers of coating should be added leading to a rise in price of fabric and software